Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Not a thesis poem

This is not a thesis poem. But you asked me to put it up.

SEXY TURKEY YUM YUM

Paltry

I long to slather skin with scented oil,
To rub my fingers in your every
Concealed groove. Your shuffled mortal coil
Awakes my hunger...I'll nibble your knee,
I will engage your breast with seasoned skill
And warm your goose pimples. You must begin
To trust in me: for you I'll only thrill
If you submit to wise caresses. Sin
You shouldn't fear: I come to burn your heart,
To fire your little limbs. I need to stuff
You full with all myself...We will not part;
I'll be your master always. My sweet: tough
Will be your foe tonight. But, since I brined,
It's true: I know you are forever mine.

Justine Bienkowski

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I hope you know that I can never stop grinning when I read your sexy poems. They're great!

    - I love the wordplay of paltry/poultry. The fact that you have this in the title reminded me of "Desert, Desert, Dessert"
    - This is a lovely, kinky sonnet. I can totally imagine you as one of those 19th century writer chicks who writes all these slinkily sexy poems to each other. (P.S. This is only slightly related, but I rescind all my negative comments about Jane Austen. I love her.)
    - There are no explicit references to an actual turkey, which is masterfully done.
    - The crazy power play between turkey and master begins with "You must begin to trust in me..." It's actually very nice. It's basically a dramatic monologue within a sonnet; the sort of crazed persona reminds me of a speaker from a Robert Browning poem.
    - The lines "I come to burn your heart, to fire your little limbs" reminds me of the scene from Beauty and the Beast when one of the villagers is trying to melt Lumiere
    - The OED tells me that "to brine" means to saturate in salty water. This verb is attached to "since"--it is the reason the turkey forever belongs to the speaker. I know this is an important image, but I'm not sure exactly where the connection between the speaker and brine is, maybe because I'm not sure where the salt in the brine comes from.

    Anyway, great job! You write in form beautifully. I love these sexy form poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also become stuffed with Hansel 'n Griddle between the beginning and end of your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brining is something you do to meat, kind of like a marinade, to keep it moist when it cooks.

    ReplyDelete